CSS Cleanup Complete!

Task accomplished. While still trying to get myself into a better better habit of working on my personal projects, I have completed the first task of my May sprint. I finally removed the custom CSS styles I added within WordPress and updated the actual stylesheet on the server.

Lessons learned, Chromium based browsers like to cache stylesheets apparently. Both Chrome and the Chromium based Edge browser refused to see my CSS changes until I cleared the temp files. However, the current Edge browser was much more forgiving, just needed to reload the page. Granted, there might have been another way to address this, but I’m still learning.

Along with that, the Developer tools are a web designers best friend. Always knew they existed, but never really had a need to use them. While trying to update a 3000+ line stylesheet that I didn’t write, it makes a world of difference being able to highlight an element on the page, see what styles control it, and even see what line that code starts at in the actual file. Honestly, it was way easier to mess with the WordPress CSS code just editing the actual stylesheet vs trying to override it via the WordPress interface.

Next two tasks I want to complete this sprint, setup a failover page if my site goes down and setup a backup plan in the case my site goes completely belly up. Outside of working on my web development project, I’m planning on starting on a game development project. Setup Unity and downloaded some tutorials. Just need to follow them and start making something.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s